What a beautiful morning! I am about to step into the world of Preschoolers as it is almost time for my class to arrive - this is such a great job! They are so cute and energetic. It is true, they do say the funniest things! Here's just a few over the past few weeks that have just tickled my daughter and I:
I asked Noah to finish up his picture and he said, "I will in just a jippy".
One day Makoy told Devanne that "my scooter goes faster than your car. You can't ride it cause you'll blood. I got blood yesterday when I rode my scooter".
During play time one day, the kids started talking about marriage - (girl) "When you're old like a Mom and Dad, you get married. You can't have a Dad until your married." (boy) "Well, I hate girls and I won't kiss girls." (girl) "You HAVE to kiss when you're married!!" (boy) "Girls are not for boys!"
During a Thanksgiving art project and discussion of indian corn with all the different colors Devanne emphatically said, "We do not eat indian corn. My family doesn't like it. We can't eat indian corn because we are not indian people!"
At snack time (girl) "My brain made me think 'why don't we have a drink?' (boy) "Did you know that scarecrows don't have brains for real? He does in Wizard of Oz - but that's just a movie"
Noah expressed one day that "I didn't know what colors were before I came down here...you know, before the world was made."
(boy) "Dad was the Hero catching the mosquito in our house!!"
(girl embarrassed that her 'undershirt' strap was showing on her shoulder) "You don't want to know what's under my shirt. It's immodest. It's gross! But if you want me to say it, I will."
Last week we had a few sniffles in class, (boy) "Maybe smelling all those flowers and dead leaves made my stuffy nose. I should stay home if I have a stuffy nose!"
Yesterday as we discussed personal hygeine Devanne said "Well, I had to have my toenails clipped this morning because they were long enough to cut my toes in half and bleed." Noah leaned toward her and blurted "My Mom said that girls HAVE to have their nails big!"
Just before time to leave yesterday and right after playing a game simulating a "restaurant" one little boy leaned on the table and huffed and puffed. I asked him if he was ok and he replyed "Oh, I am not tired. Just sweaty."
What will they say today...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How cute! I miss that the most having older kids. Now, the only funny things they say are at my expense!
ReplyDelete