Monday, March 22, 2010

Yuri just called us. He called to say that Alina has been adopted by someone else, so obviously, she is no longer available. He said he would help us pursue someone else if we wanted to. Wow! How do you make that decision when you feel like you've been put in a blender? I wish we could find out what happened. I don't know what we will do now...I guess we need to do some serious thinking.

7 comments:

  1. To the Love family. I'm SOOOO sorry. It's like having your heart ripped out. We went through something like that last year. Once you commit, that child seems like yours, and to have that happen is devastating. We are thinking of you and praying for you to mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I am so sorry. I'm sure you're heart must be hurting. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and Karen - I cannot believe this! It could not happen to a nicer couple than you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I hate it when these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! It feels like losing a child. We thought the same thing was happening to us and wehad a window opened on that kind of heartache. We were lucky to find out it was pure confusion. My sincere thoughts go out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,

    I'm so sorry to hear this news. When we got our news that Masha wasn't even registered as an orphan last year and that we wouldn't be able to adopt the girls together, it was a real blow. Fortunately, for us, we were able to still get them, just more expensively than we originally hoped. Looking back on the experience now and remembering the anxiousness and emotion we felt then, I realize now that it worked out as it should have. It is hard to see how He works sometimes and you wonder why??? I'll be thinking of you and hope that you can feel some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like the feeling of having your heart ripped out of your chest, so I know that there is nothing I can say to you that will make that go away. Just know that there are others that have felt that pain and we are all crying with you!

    Much love to you and your family,

    Arrianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry, I know it is hard. The little girl that we were preparing to adopt told us that she wanted her Italian family to adopt her, we were heart broken. Then we found out we could adopt Stephen, and then found Nadiya, it was the best thing that could have happen. Our prayers are with you,

    ReplyDelete