Thursday, October 28, 2010

It was exciting to wake up to snow, yesterday! However, the planned Ranch activity needed to be changed to Saturday because of the weather. The group planned to go bowling in North Salt Lake at 12:30, but we had a commitment early afternoon (because we thought we would be home from the Ranch by then), so we weren't able to attend. Around 4:00, we went to the Living Aquarium. Upon entering, and then through most of the Utah displays, Inna had a look of "oh my gosh! This is the lamest place ever!" But, rounding the corner to the jellyfish brought more life to her and she really seemed to the like the sea horses. She wanted to rush through the whole place really fast. I think she would have been happy to have viewed everything (sort of) and been out of there in 15 minutes! When we came to the Stingrays that you can touch, she refused quite loudly in Russian, probably saying "No way! You think I'm crazy?" She didn't even care much for the amazing fun, fun penguins! So, we decided to take a different approach and ignore her. (I'm guessing many of you must think that is horrible, but let me explain...) We went back to some of the first displays and decided to "linger longer" at each of them. Oohing and Aahing and pointing things out. Even taking pictures (which some didn't turn out because the glass is spotty). Anyway, Inna really began to enjoy the displays and believe it or not, we watched the penguins for almost 20 minutes! She is a kindred spirit when it came to the creepy crawlers and ucky frogs - she shivered and groaned! My sentiments exactly!

We did some shopping, too. Hopefully, she will enjoy the "Princess and the Frog" decorations we got for her upcoming birthday... (she watched that movie Tuesday afternoon and is just as captivated by it as she was "Beauty and the Beast"! We seem to have another Disney Princess lover!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you at the bowling. I hope we get to see a picture of Inna someday. I watched the news clip but only saw her braids from the back. She is beautiful (from the back) I would try to stow you away to Hawaii but you are having way too much fun hosting. I hope it continues to go well.
    Love
    Christy

    ReplyDelete