Tuesday, September 8, 2009
We had a wonderful Labor Day celebration at Mom and Dad's Sunday around 5:30 pm. Annette, Connor and Ryan were there. Annette was taking Connor up to BYU Idaho Monday morning and Ryan was going back down to BYU Provo Monday morning. We had fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, rolls, tomatoes and cucumbers, chips, Mango drink and for dessert we had lemon bars, brownies and pumpkin spice cupcakes. It was so good to be with family. I found out yesterday that my Dad will be 80 years old this October...! (and Mom is 72 years old). It's not that I didn't know, I think I had just buried the thought so as not to go completely crazy. I don't know what I will do without them - I can't imagine life without them there. They are my strength, my support, my friends, my real reason for living and doing my best. When they have to return home, I think I will cease to function and will have to go home, too. They are my only friends. I haven't been my best and actually have not tried at times - but I always knew what they expected of me and that they had faith in me to accomplish. They have given advice and never judged - just helped me focus on what is most important. Many times when I have felt like giving up in my marriage or raising our children...they have been calm and encouraging and brought the hope and faith back into my life. Thank you, both, a million times over for EVERYTHING you have done and continue to do for me - even though I don't deserve it. My Uncle Warren died yesterday about 4:00 am. What a loss - I know Mom and Dad will miss him so much. He really was generous towards them with time and money. Hopefully, I'll have the strength to get through today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment